[Wine] Re: "unknown processor architecture" error while insta

rekuli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 23 08:02:02 CST 2009

had an idea... though this needs editing the sysreg.  just set the architecture integers  to values that represent an intel cpu; it worked when I tried it, but wine reset it afterwards to the "real" cpu that is driving my pc (athlon64 X2).  Just as long as wine keeps the "faked" cpu while you run an installer process, it works; but doing this *every* time one runs an app that queries the cpu type would be tiresome.

Does anyone have another solution to this?