[Wine] Re: wine 1.0.1 --- Access from "Office XP" and DirectX

rekuli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 27 07:41:53 CST 2009

FVWM ist just a WM, like TWM, MWM, IceWM, Enlightenment,... and it does not put anything atop of X11, it just manages windows and is extremely configurable and theme-able (the most flexible and fast WM in existance, actually --- and I am no FVWM developer, just one who instantly fell in love).  There can not be any way that a bug in FVWM prevents an X application from running, except if that application requires special layers above X11 or relies on memory management functions of an additional engine (like Qt or GTK+).  Because of that, the bug/error/whatever can not be in FVWM.  If you start Wine as display manager, it behaves exacctly the same as under FVWM or any other non-DE WM.

gert: I didn't say *wine* crashed.  At least, I didn't mean that.  The app/game running *in* wine crashed and took wine with it.

Dimesio:  good idea, thanks.  Might have thought of that myself, but at my age... ;-)).  I'll try that.