[Wine] WinMSS error messages

einpekkar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 27 08:13:14 CST 2009

Hi!

I'm quite new to this so bear with me for a moment before bashing me for not fixing this myself. I can make no progress using the search function as I have no idea what to search for  [Embarassed]

I'm trying to run a simple (I think) application under Wine that is called WinMSS. It is a scoring software for shooting competitions, and as far as i can figure out, it is built as a MS Access application.

According to the manual, these are the necessary files:

WinMSS.exe

WinMSS.mdb

WinMSS.mdw

WinMSS.hlp

WinMSS.cnt

SqlUpdate.mdb

The installation runs fine, I've installed the latest MDAC, but upon startup get the following error messages:

"Provider can not be found. It may not be properly installed"

After which follows:

"Critical Error: Wrong version of database detected. Version 1.2.3.7 expected, but found version Pre-Beta"

And then nothing... :(

Any suggestions or hints?