[Wine] wine installation help!!!

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Dec 30 20:59:15 CST 2009

inversionce wrote:
> i need help installing wine to play starcraft. im using ubuntu and when i try to install from the terminal i get this message:
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.
> The following information may help resolve the situation:

> wine: Depends: libasound2 (> 1.0.14) but 1.0.13-1ubuntu5 is to be installed
> Depends: libgphoto2-2 (>= 2.4.0) but 2.3.0-0ubuntu4 is to be installed
> Depends: libgphoto2-port0 (>= 2.4.0) but 2.3.0-0ubuntu4 is to be installed
> Depends: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7) but it is not installable
> Depends: zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-1) but 1:1.2.3-13ubuntu4 is to be installed
> PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.14.12ubuntu3) but 1.13.24ubuntu6 is to be installed
> E: Broken packages

This is probably a stupid question, but why not just install from the
repository using  synaptic?

I put the Wine repo in my list of sources and it keeps it updated just fine.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop