[Wine] Re: Wine and Guitar Pro 5.2

grahamh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 1 07:16:20 CST 2009

Hi Austin

I've reinstalled Ubuntu 8.10 several times now.  Apart from the Wine/GPro I also had problems with the login window (fonts very large and not adjustable).  On reinstall #2, I get a kernel update - the login window problem disappeared.  On reinstall #3, the Wine/Gpro problem disappeared (i.e. The ALSA problem) but the login window problem returned.  Whether or not both of these problems are kernel based I don't know.  I have downloaded a fresh 8.10 Desktop iso and I'll see if that does a better job.  Thanks for your help.

Graham