[Wine] Intel Graphics Driver problems...

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:55:46 CST 2009

Hi,

Reading it again, I misread the traceback. What I'm trying to run (Warcraft
> III) uses Direct X EIGHT. [Embarassed]
> But it seems there is a consensus on the graphics card anyway, so I give
> up.

In this case the graphic card is not the problem, but rather the driver.
For me the open-source intel driver provided about 1/3 of the OSX or Windows
couterpart, for native OpenGL applications.

Best you can do would be to sign up to the IntelGfx mailing list and let
them know you have problems, and that you expected it to run because the
game is rather old and works flawless with the intel drivers on Windows.

- Clemens