[Wine] Running MetaTrader 4 in Wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Feb 1 15:00:58 CST 2009

On 2009-02-01 (Sunday) 20:46:30 milja2008 wrote:
> Can't upgrade at this time.
>
> I've tried all the suggestions I have found.
>
> Just can't load mfc42.dll
>
> MetaTrader 4 requires this file to be in the C:\windows\system32 directory.
>
> My windows directory is blank ! I see no system32 directory !

	Assuming you are using default Wine prefix run this:

sudo rm -rf ~/.wine
wineboot

	"sudo" is there in case you have broken permissions (BTW, never run Wine as
root if you don't know what you are doing!) and "rm -rf ~/.wine" will remove
your default Wine prefix with all Windows programs you have installed (if
any). "wineboot" will create clean Wine prefix (because you have deleted old
one by previous command). Then you can copy mfc42.dll to
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ or run "winetricks vcrun6".