[Wine] Re: Cannot run Win16 installer for Judaic Classics

onecoolcouple wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 3 02:24:55 CST 2009

I installed the software on a brand new WinXP machine, an Asus eee (I had to simulate the floppy with a driver that is floating around on the net, vfd21-080206.zip, which, AFAIK, is a totally legitimate thing), and took care to watch the registry before and after the install, using whatchanged.exe (which, again, seems totally legitimate. Just remember to always use a virus scanner and assorted anti-malware techniques).

Anyway, looking over the recorded changes, I could spot nothing deserving attention.

Is there an easy way to find out what files the program accesses or tries to access when it runs under Wine, so that I will be able to guess where to look for the missing settings?
--OCC