[Wine] SteamInstall.msi results in "Error: Success"

kynan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 3 15:41:26 CST 2009

Code:
$ wine start SteamInstall.msi
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found

Or by running outside terminal, I get the wine error dialog "Success" with the red circle next to it and a little OK under it.

lol, "Error: Success"

Wine 1.1.4 64-bit
Ubuntu 8.10

Also, when I try steaminstall.exe, Steam installs properly up to the point that it must update. Then it gets stuck at "Steam is looking for updates." and does nothing.