[Wine] Dissapearence of the program

simeon.mattes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 4 05:15:01 CST 2009

Hi everybody,

I 'll try to describe the problem I have as clear as I can, because it's quite complicated.

I have a dictionary installed through wine in openSuse 11.1. When I open it nothing appears on my screen, although it runs as a process, i.e. it has a pid. In order to make it appear on my screen I do the following:

1. I maximize the dissappeared dictionary through right click on the icon on the taskbar. After this, an icon appears on the left upper corner of my screen which is the logo of the dictionary!!! The most strange of all is that when I maximize the program nothing is clickable except this icon, although I can see the background of my desktop.
2. I left click the icon I said before and the dictionary reveals itself. Though, only the dictionary is clicable.
3. I disable the miximize as in the first step.

I don't know what happens and has this program such a strange behavior.

 I have also another problem which is not so annoying, but it's also quite strange. When I change Virtual Desktop or I minimize the dictionary then it disappears again and there is nothing I can do in order to restore it. So I have to close it through kill from either konsole or kSysGuard, because close doesn't work also.

And the last one and the most irritating is that my openSuse sometimes crashes whenever I open it. Either after some minutes I've opened it or at once.