[Wine] Games Crash to Desktop after initial splash screen is shown

gibsongirl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 4 13:01:47 CST 2009

I have wine 1.0 installed. On my Dell dimension b110. I have installed Civilization 3 and when I attempt to run it, I see the civ3 splash screen and it crashes to desktop. Likewise with CityofHeroes.  I get the initial splash screen and the game crashes to desktop. Today I tried running Civ via terminal and I got : "jennifer at SuperCoolness:~$ wine start civ3.exe
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000500
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found

jennifer at SuperCoolness:~$"

I would appreciate all help I can get. Thank you. Sincerely, Gibsongirl