[Wine] Which version of wine am I using?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Feb 4 18:18:52 CST 2009

> This tells me I am in fact using 0.9.60. I just went through the process of
> uninstalling and reinstalling wine today. Any idea why I am still using an old
> version? And also why Synaptic thinks I have the newest one installed?

	Run:

which -a wine

	To see what wine binaries you have installed. First binary in the list is what
you are using by default when run "wine". If you are using wrong binary then
either remove all binaries you don't want to use or change order of paths in
$PATH environment variable to use the binary you want. If you are simple user
it is recommended to have only one version of Wine installed.