[Wine] Re: Games Crash to Desktop after initial splash screen is shown

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 5 09:22:01 CST 2009

gibsongirl wrote:

> I just go into synaptic and remove my wine install? When I reinstall wine won't it go to the same place?

It's not Wine you were told to remove and reinstall, it's your Wine configuration settings.

Code:
rm -rf ~/.wine

Note that this will remove everything you've installed in that wineprefix, so if there's something you want to save, rename it instead of deleting it.

After that, run the installer for your app again.  A new ~/.wine will automatically be created.