[Wine] Re: New to Linux, Need to Run Wine on Linux Linpus (AcerOne)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 5 09:41:13 CST 2009

JP Wireless wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am preatly new to Linux OS but like it, I am having problem running windows applicatiions & wine was a good solution. However, i have no idea on how to install wine on my new AcerOne mini Notebook. Pls helt! I have downloaded version 1.1.11 and linux sees it as .bin. What do i do?
>
>  [Exclamation]  [Question]  [Idea]

The short answer is: ask on the Acer Aspire One forum. Linpus is highly customized, and the only people who can really advise you on how to install packages in it are other users of that distro. http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/

This question has come up several times, so for a longer explanation, do a forum search for "Acer Aspire One" and read those threads.