[Wine] Wine automatic proxy authentication?

nuttello wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 6 04:39:15 CST 2009

I'm running wine 1.1.4 and am having problems trying to run iexplore.exe from the command line.

I've installed the gecko engine already and even set the registry to look for the correct server pac file to automatically setup the proxy.

But this is where I'm stuck at where I actually need to authenticate for the proxy and I do see the 407 response for the request for authentication in the terminal window.

The question is how do I actually enter the username and password for authentication since there is no dialog box which pops up for me to do it? Is there a way to do it through the registry or some other way automatically would be even better.

Below is a partial snap of the error:
fixme:mshtml:HttpNegotiate_OnResponse (0x124b80)->(407 L"HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required\r\nProxy-Authenticate: NTLM\r\nProxy-Authenticate: BASIC .....