[Wine] Howto change default wineprefix settings?

weetabix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 7 15:45:55 CST 2009

I have a dilemma.

When freshly installing game (i usually used wineprefixcreate, but now I just use WINEPREFIX when installing) I want certain settings to be used when starting wine.

Now I have to click-click through my winecfg to make them right every time I install new game or software. Most notable edits are Sound, Drives and Desktop integration (where the personal folders are configured).

How I can change these defaults into something different?

I tried to change Shell Folder "My Documents" (I believe that's what's called, not using English language version) from winecfg and comparing registrys through sdiff. All the registrys are identical (system,user and userdef), so wine must save that information into somewhere else. Where is it hidden so I could try to change it automatically, since manually sucks (I really dont want the files to go directly my /home/username -folder).

It would be so much easier to save the wanted edits into file and just say "use these modifications" when starting/creating new prefix.