[Wine] Re: Howto change default wineprefix settings?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 7 16:02:07 CST 2009

weetabix wrote:
> How I can change these defaults into something different?

Well you can't easily change defaults because some are hard-coded into Wine itself and you'll have to hack source.

What you can do is create a script that edits all what you want to edit. Some things are in registry - sound. Some things are symlinks - drives, location of "My Documents", "Desktop", etc - shell-folders.

Drives are symlinks in $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices where "x:" points to a mount point and "x::" points to device.

Shell-folders are bit more complicated. They are symlinks or real directories here: $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices/c:/windows/profiles/$USER/