[Wine] Wine menus - rebuilding, deleting

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Feb 8 02:08:37 CST 2009

Hi

I have a few questions about Wine's menu handling:
1. Is there some kind of command that will build a wine menu based on
all the files in the standard locations (Start menu and Desktop)? This
would be useful for rebuilding the Wine menu after deleting it. (Since
deleting the menu entries belonging to a single prefix is not easy)
winemenubuilder seem to take only single shortcuts as parameters (and
is does not give help on any obvious paramenters (/? -h --help))
according to http://wiki.winehq.org/winemenubuilder
2. Is there a way to delete only a single WINEPREFIX's menu entries?
(The FAQ's methods is a bit of a sledgehammer)
3. If there is no obvious ways to do any of the above, do anyone have
some scripts to assist with these tasks?

I have changed distributions from Gentoo x86 to Ubuntu x86_64 and have
copied several WINEPREFIXes (Actually most of my $HOME, except for
some hidden files, which it though might break some things..) over.
(They seem to work fine except for some weirdness mostly involving the
Gecko upgrade (for some reason I only had the old version in
/usr/share/wine/gecko))

Gert