[Wine] AppDB video card data

raaf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 9 13:06:10 CST 2009

There is a lot of useful information in the AppDB but one thing I miss is video card data, this especially important for games.

The rumor goes that wine works better with Nvidia cards, I don't know if there's any statistical data to back that up. Might be that the number of bug reports give an indication.  But if a game works without problems you wouldn't find a bug report. Adding video card data to the AppDB can give a better idea whether a particular game has been known to work with your video card.

I think it would be useful to add a video card option to the test results section of the AppDB, where one can choose what video card or which driver one is using.