[Wine] Is there a hope for Serv-u 7.0.4.1?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 10:07:37 CST 2009

loopdemack <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
>Sent: Feb 10, 2009 8:58 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Is there a hope for Serv-u 7.0.4.1?
>
>I tried several thing but on the end I get no results,
>first as a normal user you cant do nothing in wine with the serv-u, second you need to be logged as >a root

Can you explain why you have to be logged in as root?  Is there a specific error you receive while running this program that states you have to be root or is it that the program will not run unless you are an Administrator?  The first is a Linux level admin, the second is the generic name for the Windows Administrator.  If it is the second, this program will not successfully run under Wine.  Running Wine as root is highly discouraged, but in some cases necessary.

>, third, in winxp compatibility mode serv-u would just explode with the error:
>fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 4132 (SPI_GETDROPSHADOW)

This is not an error condition, but rather functionality that does not currently exist in Wine.

>But when I had set it to the win2k emulation I got some results:
>
>[Image: http://imageflux.net/uploads/090210/ijhCLxrZfOWOCwj_FrTS9m0Bdkc/servu.png ]
>

>And after I tried to make some changes, serv-u just get to the "coma state", I mean when it tried to save settings it just get in some sleeping state and I have no solutions after that, here is the picture:
>

>[Image: http://imageflux.net/uploads/090210/vsbWHO3Yn5c15zyY8KN5UrOnXms/coma.png ]
>

>The last line in the terminal output was:
>

>>  %S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap%S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap%S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap%S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap%S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap%S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap%S: %s_create_dc_and_bitmap

What is this in reference to?  Is there an error message before this one?

James McKenzie