[Wine] Debian 5 no sound in wine.

Nuli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 11 00:57:31 CST 2009

I recently upgraded a Debian 4 system to Debian 5.  At the same time I upgraded the version of wine I was using.  In both cases wine was compiled from source.  Under Debian 4 wine worked fine, sound and all.  Under Debian 5 programs still function fine but with no sound.

Using winecfg I can get to the audio tab and add the oss driver with no issues, can't seem to add an alsa driver at all, but when I hit the button to test the sound it tells me that the audio test failed.

Has anyone else had trouble with this?