[Wine] Cannot find DVD/CD drive...

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Feb 11 14:24:42 CST 2009

	Please report bugs to http://bugs.winehq.org.

> I'm looking into the possiblty of running a virtualized Windows for other
> apps that WINE dosent support, is this possible or is 3D right out the
> window?

	You can try VMWare and its DirectX support. For some games and applications it
works perfectly. Sometimes it works terribly or don't work at all. Of course
VMWare is nothing like Wine - it is an emulator and there are obvious
consequences like bad performance and bad integration in Linux desktop (you can
try Unity mode in VMWare as an partial workaround).