[Wine] Banned for different viewpoint

YeOldeFarte wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 12 14:07:27 CST 2009

Greetings!  I was just banned from the #winehq channel on freenode for suggesting to a newbie that he use winetricks to install directx 9c.  I was told that winetricks is for developers and that installing directx this way can damage your wine install.
     I am currently using the latest developers version of wine with directx 9c installed and configured with the latest winetricks.  I am playing the latest Civilization 4 expansion pack with no problems whatsoever on Ubuntu 8.10.
    I resent getting banned for accurate information and think that channel bans should be reserved for obscene or abusive behavior only.
    Thank you for tolerating this rant.
                                                     YeOldeFarte