[Wine] Re: gdi32.dll error

Aki wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 12 15:34:24 CST 2009

[quote="James McKenzie"]zigarot wrote:

> i was having this problem, but after some messing around, it now works... i don't know if this will work for anyone else...
>
> 1. completely removed wine (including hidden folder in user directory)
>
> 2. installed xquartz X112.3.2.1
> (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.3.2.1)
>
> 3. installed wine 1.0.1
> (http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/)
>
> 4. installed wine
>
> and it now works, running 10.5.6 osx[/code]

I had the same problem, and I did these steps, and now it works.

However, I encountered a bizarre problem. One of the .exe applications I wanted to get working on my MacBook is a game called ElastoMania, and when I try to run the program, it says: "ELMA.RES not found", even though the file "Elma.res" is right there beside Elma.exe, the main file.

What might be the problem here? I know it is definitely not one of the more important issues here, since it's only a game, but I'd sure appreciate it, if someone had an idea that might help me...

Thanks, Regards, Mr. Aki Myyrä, Finland