[Wine] Is there a way to globely install software

Maicon Vinicius Nunes nunesvn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:15:48 CST 2009

> there would be only one user at a time on the computer
> I have root , rob .and guest accounts ( but may add more )
> the guest account is for the times I let other people use my computer

To allow other users to use a single wine prefix, comment these lines in
file wine-1.1.14/libs/wine/config.c

#ifdef HAVE_GETUID
if (st.st_uid != getuid()) fatal_error( "%s is not owned by you\n",
config_dir );
#endif

This works for me.

--
Maicon Vinicius Nunes
(51) 9355-1734

# Imprima esse e-mail! Ao imprimir voc est‡ incentivando
# uma indœstria que emprega milhares de pessoas e gera divisas
# para o pa’s!

Ubuntu [œbœntœ]:
1. Old African word meaning "I have no idea how to configure Slackware"