[Wine] Re: Detecting a programm runs using Wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 15 00:37:03 CST 2009

JonDoe wrote:
> I have also been searching for a way to detect if my application is running under wine. As I haven´t found an appropriate solution I came to the following solution.

It's a really bad way to detect Wine by looking at resources.

If you really want to have a reliable sure way to detect Wine - look for Wine specific export(s) from that dll. But as mentioned before, make it a user overridable in case Wine gets fixed, or developers want to actually use your app to verify correct functionality.