[Wine] Re: WHY can't I make it work?

Svento wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 15 04:04:15 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Svento wrote:
> > Okay... I downloaded and installed IE successfully, but my Wine appears to be 98 instead of XP, although I've configured it to be XP. 98 doesn't work.
>
> Wine does not support native IE period and of story. Wine has it's own "replacement".
>
> ies4linux replace 1/3 of all Wine libraries and are not supported here. Ask their forum/mailing list if you have any issues.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand any of that. I know that the native IE isn't supported and I managed to download some ies4linux and made it work. Are you trying to say that there's yet some alternative, some special Wine-ie which is not the same as ies4linux.

I don't care the least what it's called or how they work or anything. There are some Swedish pages using electronic identification and they don't allow Firefox. I need an alternative, any alternative, that allows me to simulate Windows XP (which is required) and Internet Explorer. This Wine/ies4linux combination worked very well, but those Swedish pages recognized my Wine not as XP but as 98, so I couldn't download or install that e-id.