[Wine] F.E.A.R 2 Input Oddness

Daemon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 15 12:53:04 CST 2009

I'm trying to make sense of a problem running FEAR 2. I have the native xinput1_3.dll installed and have MouseWarpOverride->disable set in the registry. Using DxCapViewer it reports the correct mouse(traditional 3 button) and keyboard also.

 The game loads fine and I get the mouse cursor and can click through the options but the crux is trying to bind a mouse button to any action is a no-go (ie.Mouse Button 1->Fire,Mouse Button 2-> Jump). If I load from there in 640x480 the game seems to think my keyboard is a gamepad(!?) and I can move the view(which i should be able to do with the mouse) with the directional keys and traditional character movement with w,a,s,d. If I set the resolution anything over 640x480 the view locks to the Y-axis,staring straight up or straight down and spins. This is with the 0-day patch Monolith added. Beyond this problem the game looks pretty good. It's like a cookie at the bottom of the jar you just can't reach.

  Anyone experience anything like this? Anything I should look into to find out where the problem may lie?

Xserver 1.53
Nvidia 9500gt/180.29
wine 1.1.15