[Wine] wine on RAM?

IneedAname wineappdb at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 14 01:22:54 CST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:51:47 -0600
"vajorie" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way to run wine in RAM only using tmpfs? kinda like a portable application running from a flash disk?
> I have a slow harddisk, and to alleviate the issue, I run Firefox Portable thru wine from RAM. However, I think wine running locally is causing slow downs when a few tabs are open etc.
> Thanks

This is all from my very bad memory please take it with a hand full of salt.
 I think you could move your swap to your flash drive but the write times will be longer but with faster read time (I think).
 This whole thing is not covered by wine.
 This is not be the right place to ask for help for doing that.

You know the is a linux version of firefox? :P