[Wine] Please advise: Wine problem with Oracle database installation

Robert zupeng at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 03:08:56 CST 2009

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply and kind assistance.

Currently I am using Oracle 9i (Universal Installer, version
9.0.1.1.1) and I have already installed Oracle database onto another
Linux PC. Now I want to migrate the Oracle client from Windows to
wine. On Windows platform, all I need to do is to install Oracle
Client within Oracle 9i (Universal Installer) and then connect it with
the remote Oracle database. But as I mentioned in my last letter, the
installation process breaks down with exceptions when I try to install
Oracle Client within Oracle 9i (Universal Installer) .

So my question is:
1. Has any one successfully installed Oracle Client within Oracle 9i
(Universal Installer) under Wine? p.s. I am using the latest version
of Wine
2. or could any one give me some advices or replicate methods on how
to solve this problem?

Thanks for your time. Any of your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Robert