[Wine] Re: wine on RAM?

vajorie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 17 10:04:45 CST 2009

IneedAname wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:21:40 -0600
> "vajorie" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > The only version of firefox that I knew would call to libraries in my harddisk was the portable one. but of course, *that* is being invoked by wine, which is in my hard drive, so I'm stuck again :))
> >
> > my pc doesn't use swap. but accessing files on disk (iowait?) takes long... so if I can take the wine+firefox group and put it on RAM, I'd be good to go.
> >
> > and where else would I ask how to get wine into RAM if not in the wine forums lol
> >

> Google is your friend.
>

> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-GB%3Aunofficial&hs=9U5&q=linux+ram+disk&btnG=Search&meta=

I'm using tmpfs (same logic - a directory in RAM). But I don't know how to throw everything that wine uses (and wine itself) into that directory...

I guess this should have been the question of my first post, but I'm bad at asking clear questions :)))

so, the clear question qould be, now, "I have created a tmpfs directory in my home directory. how do I throw wine and all its libraries and everything into that directory so that all wine uses is the files in that directory?"

sorry about that.