[Wine] Re: Problems in Compiling MFC

Thunderbird wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 18 09:22:17 CST 2009

The winelib tutorial is very old. As far as I know nobody recently used it to compile MFC as distributing a winelib dll.so of mfc would have legal issues.

Wine implements core windows dlls and mfc is more a runtime library which lots of apps ship. When a program provides mfc it will work fine. It also works fine if you just put the dll in wine its system32 directory. Since we don't provide our own libmfc.dll.so you can't use it with winelib. (though you could try to create a dummy mfc winelib dll with which you link and then use the real mfc dll; not sure if this works though)