[Wine] Locale problem with Wine

cb951303 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 18 10:19:12 CST 2009

Hello, I can't seem to make World of Warcraft recognize my locale.
In windows all the special keys that belongs to my locale (tr_TR) works so I know for a fact that WoW supports it. After some google research I learned that I need to set my locale settings manually. First of all here is some outputs

Code:

cosku at cosku-desktop:~$ locale -a
en_AU.utf8
en_BW.utf8
en_CA.utf8
en_DK.utf8
en_GB.utf8
en_HK.utf8
en_IE.utf8
en_IN
en_NG
en_NZ.utf8
en_PH.utf8
en_SG.utf8
en_US.utf8
en_ZA.utf8
en_ZW.utf8
POSIX
tr_TR
tr_TR.utf8

Code:

cosku at cosku-desktop:~$ export LC_ALL="tr_TR"

Code:

cosku at cosku-desktop:~$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="tr_TR"
LC_NUMERIC="tr_TR"
LC_TIME="tr_TR"
LC_COLLATE="tr_TR"
LC_MONETARY="tr_TR"
LC_MESSAGES="tr_TR"
LC_PAPER="tr_TR"
LC_NAME="tr_TR"
LC_ADDRESS="tr_TR"
LC_TELEPHONE="tr_TR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="tr_TR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="tr_TR"
LC_ALL=tr_TR

After this I run WoW with Wine 1.1.14 and when I type for testing I get these (left side is the pressed key on keyboard, right side is what I get on screen)

[Image: http://dc118.4shared.com/img/88305656/902378f9/locale.png ] (http://www.4shared.com/file/88305656/902378f9/locale.html)

Interestingly the last 3 chars works. I guess thats because they also belong to some other locales too. But the first 3 chars are only tr_TR specific, and they don't work 100% (no accent or cedilla)

I also tried it with "tr_TR.utf8" and the result is same.

Any ideas?

Thanks