[Wine] www = wine won't work :-(

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:27:44 CST 2009

2009/2/20 Jim Dandy <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> Linux in general and Wine in particular is such a major, major, MAJOR load of crap so very often. This is now my tenth year of stuffing around with it.

What works in Wine, works. What doesn't, doesn't. It's still a bit of
a dancing bear and still really of good beta quality :-)

With Linux: if your hardware is supported, then it has Mac OS X-like
levels of "just works." (e.g. laptops with all-Intel chipsets.) If
your hardware isn't supported, it's a world of pain. Manufacturers are
slowly coming to realise they have to make sure their stuff works ...
it'll get better by and by.

- d.

- d.