[Wine] Re: Wine + WoW gives black screen...

penpen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 21 00:45:09 CST 2009

JoeG6831 wrote:
> Have you made sure to modify your config.wtf file like so?
> Code:
> SET gxApi "opengl"

Modifying config.wtf is not necessary as long as you pass the option "-opengl" to Wow.exe, as the OP has done.

IneedAname wrote:
> Looks like your not running it in a wine prefix. Install wow under wine in the wine prefix and try again.

WoW does not need any of its own system libraries or registry keys to run, so installing it under a prefix is not necessary. The copy of WoW I use runs from a folder I copied to my home directory from an installation I used in Windows and is operating as expected.

> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

This error looks like it's driver related. If wine cannot load the GLX extensions, it means a driver capable of hardware acceleration is not installed or being used by Xorg.

thaiko: What kind of video card is in your system? I'm not familiar with OpenSuse, but you may consider consulting their forums for this issue in order to find the right drivers for your card.