[Wine] Quicktime RTSP server

dawinsor87 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 21 12:41:54 CST 2009

Hi, I have been trying to use wine to get at a streaming quicktime server on Ubuntu 8.04, but as of yet no luck:

The server streams mov files over RTSP
First I tried using just VLC to play it, but there are some things it just can't handle (in windows I get an error about 'sowl' not being supported or something like that)
Now I am trying quick time alternative in wine along with firefox in wine. If I choose to "play in browser" then it works fine. The plug-in is doing it's job, but you can't control playback, skipping ahead, etc. I set quicktimealt to handle rtsp streams, so the server does successfully launch the media player classic gui, but if I have it set to direct X, it causes parts of the screen to go black, and sometimes the file will play if you're patient. If I have it set to GDI, it will launch but it doesn't seem to want to play, and I have to force quit it, but the rest of the environment is unaffected.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.