[Wine] Dawn of War trouble and other questions

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:11:57 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Canew <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm a relative noob to Wine, and I'm having a little trouble getting Dawn of War (regular, plus Winter Assault) to run under Debian Lenny. When I try to install it, it always tries to install automatically to the c: drive, which I don't want to do because I don't have enough space (running on a laptop).

Do it as you would in Windows, in the installer. Otherwise, put your
WINEPREFIX on the external drive.

> Also, I've run into the "wrong CD" problem, and read about how some people have had more success installing under a different version of wine. I'm using 1.0.1. How do I find a different version? What do I need to search for on this site to find other versions?

Ask you distro to provide an upgraded version. Or check
http://www.winehq.org/download.

> Which version works best?

Depends on what you want to do. Newest should work best, aside from regressions.

> Can I install with one version and run it with a newer version?

Yeah, but it's a bit advanced to do, and not sure why you need to.

--
-Austin