[Wine] Pokerstars

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 22 19:24:43 CST 2009

andcon83 wrote:
> this is what I get:
>
> asus-756980212:/home/user> wine pokerstars
> fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x980000 0 0x32fde4 4
>
> then a windows box pops up and says Contact PokersStars.  Pokerstars says contact wine.

File a bug report.  Include screen shot as an attachment.  I don't think
there are any bug reports for this program.

If you can include all terminal output, including any that exists from
the program's installation package.  Please do an installation in a
fresh user space Wine directory ($HOME/.wine).  If you have many
programs installed under Wine, it is possible to do this by using the
WINEPREFIX system environment variable.

Run in terminal:
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.winepokerstars
wine notepad (this does some setup for Wine).

Run the installation program from the installation CD/DVD:

cd /media/cdrom (or the location where the CD mounted to)
wine PokerStarsInstall.exe

cd to $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/<directory where pokerstars
installed to>
wine pokerstars

Post all terminal output as an attachment to the issue.

James McKenzie