[Wine] Re: Dawn of War trouble and other questions

Canew wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 24 11:08:23 CST 2009

So just so I have it right, the step-by-step is:

1) Create a directory on my external drive, say .wine2.

2) Execute the following:

Code:
WINEPREFIX="path/to/.wine2" wine dawnofwar.exe

I'm going from memory on the dow exe file, but otherwise, that's it? I don't have to set anything else up? Anytime I want to run/install anything on my external, that's how?

Also, other than the path and the .exe file above, is that code accurate? The syntax is correct?

Sorry for all the noob questions. This is a bit of uncharted territory for me, and I don't want to break anything.