[Wine] Dawn of War trouble and other questions

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:13:42 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Canew <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> So just so I have it right, the step-by-step is:
>
> 1) Create a directory on my external drive, say .wine2.

No need, it'll be done automatically.

> 2) Execute the following:
>

> Code:
> WINEPREFIX="path/to/.wine2" wine dawnofwar.exe

Yes, assuming that's the setup/install file.

> I'm going from memory on the dow exe file, but otherwise, that's it? I don't have to set anything else up? Anytime I want to run/install anything on my external, that's how?

Yes. Though, it's good practice to use a separate prefix for each
application, e.g.,:

WINEPREFIX="/media/external/.wine-cs3" wine photoshop_setup.exe
WINEPREFIX="/media/external/.wine-itunes" wine itunes_setup.exe
etc.

> Also, other than the path and the .exe file above, is that code accurate? The syntax is correct?

Yep.

> Sorry for all the noob questions. This is a bit of uncharted territory for me, and I don't want to break anything.

Np.

--
-Austin