[Wine] Re: Launching Steam games broken in SVN.

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 25 12:59:51 CST 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM, 3vi1 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > Addys wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe Ubuntu's package works around that. Check on an earlier git version (not a prebuilt deb)
> > >

> > As I said in all of my earlier messages, and as Jason has now confirmed, It worked fine even from SVN without disabling the in-game community until recent changes in SVN (changes in the last couple of weeks).
> >

> So run a regression test.
>
> --
> -Austin

As I stated in my earlier message to Vitamin, that's a waste of time.   Fixing this bug is useless when the in-game community feature doesn't work (and might never work, as Vitamin points out) anyway.

I was merely noting the change in behavior of the app under Wine, and this horribly drawn out discussion got started after it was erroneously stated that what I was saying wasn't true.

It's true.  Move along.  Let's get on with our lives.