[Wine] Re: Over 4GB RAM issue

tparker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 25 15:59:13 CST 2009

Thank you very much Austin and Rico. I was able to follow your instructions and changed the '3072' to '3G' and the kernel booted.

Is there a way to have a note added about that to the section of the how to at http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=14154 since the format it says is "mem=3072 (for 3GB) or mem=2048 (For 2GB)"? Just in case some other newb runs into this problem as well. :)

After the system boot I checked the 'about this computer' and it says I have 3GB RAM, not 5GB, so it looks  like that worked. Now I'm off to load WoW and Vent and see if they still use too much memory and crash.

Thank you again for your time and patience.