[Wine] Re: Helpful Hints for OS X Users (Idiots Guide?)

rwoodsmall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 25 20:40:44 CST 2009

There are not updates to the 2.4.0 beta releases - this is an entirely new beta release in the 2.3 series.  The main difference is that the 2.4 series was planned to use the Xorg 1.6 server, whereas the 2.3 series will use Xorg server v1.4.

The current plan from the Xquartz folks is to continue work on the 2.3 series, integrating OpenGL/GLX changes from the work they were doing on the Xorg 1.6 server.  The 1.6 stuff hasn't been reached an acceptable level of stability, so they're moving back to work on the previous version.

I'm aware that this is beta code.  I'm simply trying to isolate where in the OpenGL stack the problem lies.

  -ryan