[Wine] When ODBC native support in wine?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 07:53:05 CST 2009

fmorales <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on Feb 26th:

>Hello, first , I would like to thank you for your great work with wine.
>
>When will be possible I fine implementation of ODBC support in wine?

Which ODBC, unix or Windows?  unixODBC, from what I understand does work with Wine.

>MDAC25 /27/28 are not very fine and a lot of people have a lot of problem.

Blame that on Microsoft as they only support certain interconnections into their products.  However, Oracle Clients also use MDAC functionality to connect to databases through the installation of their own drivers which should exist in user space.

>Where are a very high application number that need this feature for run proporty.

Hmmmm.  This is definitely the first time that I've heard of that.  Since most people want to use things like Office 2003 and Office 2007, and neither need or require ODBC, can you name a product that requires the installation of ODBC?  Are you talking about Oracle applications that desire an ODBC connection to an existing Oracle instance, either on the local machine or a remote.  unixODBC can do that for you and Wine is reported to be able to use the ODBC connection presented by this product.

We would like to help you, but we need much more information than what you just provided. Can you provide the name of a program that requires ODBC and if it is available in either trial or demo format?

James McKenzie