[Wine] Re: DameWare NT Utilities 6.x fails to start / 'no network'

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 26 08:45:22 CST 2009

KC wrote:
> In order to research the feasibility of moving onto *nix based systems I am currently testing Windows-only applications under WINE 1.1.8 on Mandriva Free 2009.
> The application I am currently testing is Raxco's DameWare NT Utilities (including DameWare Mini Remote Control), latest version as available after registering.

Instead of that utility you should be using SSH & VNC. That's all you need to "remotely control" any *NIX host.

Wine does not support windows networking so anything associated with AD won't function on Wine. Even if you take some dlls from windows. You should look at samba for any AD/windows networking integration.