[Wine] Microphone works in Ubuntu, but not in WINE

sushman007 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 26 23:28:32 CST 2009

My apologies beforehand if this is a common issue, but I have next to no experience with Ubuntu.

I have a regular microphone hooked into my MoBo onboard sound and it works fine in Ubuntu (tested using a sound recorder).

When I launch Steam, and any game within, I cannot get my microphone to work.

I haven't tested this in other programs in WINE since I don't have anything else installed that uses a microphone, so I'm not sure if this is Steam-specific or a WINE problem in general.

I would greatly appreciate any help, since I use voicechat quite extensively and feel lost without it!

Thanks!