[Wine] Re: Firefox default Browser. HowTo?

ekah wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 27 09:41:15 CST 2009

dimesio wrote:

> Did you try the workaround mentioned in the bug report?

You mean this?
"Found a workaround! try closing completely firefox and run:
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox.exe -silent
-setDefaultBrowser
worked for me..."

That doesnt work for me yesterday night. I dont know why. After trying this the gecko-engine starts in again. (sorry for my english) Maybe because i am using mac osx with darwine and there are differencies i didnt know of?

Is there a other way to set the default browser in wine 1.1.15?

In the wine registry documentation is a setting like HKCU,Software,Wine,Winebrowser. But: I didnt have this entry (winebrowser). Is this outdated or should i create such an entry?

regards
Joerg