[Wine] Wine with Voodoo5 card, using Glide

szilagyic wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 1 09:46:50 CST 2009

Hello:

I've got a PC that I just set up with Fedora 10 that has a Voodoo5 5500 AGP card.  I have the Glide3 drivers installed, and Glide is working with X11 just fine with DRI.  My question is, how do I get Wine to use this card in Glide mode (not DirectDraw or Direct3D)?  I have seen posts about installing Glide wrappers in Wine with other Nvidia and ATI cards, but do I need to install the wrappers since my card supports Glide natively?  I can't figure out how to get any games in Wine to recognize that Glide mode is available for my Voodoo card.  For instance when I try to run Diablo II Video Test, it doesn't recognize that Glide mode is available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I hope there are some out there still using this card, thank you very much !!!

--
Chris