[Wine] Wine Gecko 0.9.0

Bamm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 3 00:42:13 CST 2009

The announcement of Wine 1.1.12 mentions a new version of Wine Gecko, version 0.9.0. I have two questions:

1. What version of Gecko is this based on? Will this improve the way installed apps render pages?

2. How will this affect existing programs that have Wine Gecko 0.1.0 in their Wine environment? I have the old cab file in /usr/share/wine/gecko which gets installed whenever I wineboot. Will the new Gecko automatically replace it and be used seemlessly by the apps?

I wish to clarify this issue (especially the second) since I plan to upgrade to Wine 1.1.12. Thanks for any responses. :)