[Wine] Program believed to work in Wine, but not on my EeePC

drossall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 3 13:08:18 CST 2009

I'm trying to use Wine on an EeePC 701 in advanced mode. I think my Wine installation is basically OK, because I copied Windows Freecell (which was originally written as a test of the Win32s subsystem of course) across and it runs OK.

The program I actually want to run (Laridian PocketBible) has been reported as working by other Wine users. It doesn't for me. My guess is that the EeePC lacks some packages that support Wine. I tried installing all the required packages (as advised in Bugzilla) and filled my disc up - the EeePC is after all a small machine in all respects. How can I tell which are the packages required for my specific application?

The Laridian splash screen appears in Wine, but nothing else happens.

The errors I get are as follows:

fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 4114
(SPI_GETMENUFADE)
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_INITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"eeepc-davidross" (nil) 0x33fc0c
(nil) 0x33fc10 0x33fc04 - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"eeepc-davidross" 0xb697d0
0x33fc0c 0xb68c20 0x33fc10 0x33fc04 - stub
err:toolbar:ToolbarWindowProc unknown msg 0466 wp=0033eba0 lp=0033eb90
err:toolbar:ToolbarWindowProc unknown msg 0466 wp=0033ed6c lp=0033ed5c
err:toolbar:ToolbarWindowProc unknown msg 0466 wp=0033ed74 lp=0033ed64

Thanks in advance.